A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.— Steven Wright
My conscience is usually pretty clear, and it’s clear that my memory isn’t always great — except when it is. Mostly I chose this quote because it made me laugh. I get what he meant, but it’s my blog and I’m spinning it my way. Conscience clear!
Getting in scheduled runs
I did very well until the end of the month, but that was due to hiking. I’m A-OK with that.
Grade Earned: A+
Recording my runs
I have veered off course here again . . . seriously, I need to start using my planner again because it helps me to keep focused. It’s a broken record, folks! But hey, I did finally got a haircut, LOL!
Grade Earned: C
The warmups are short, so they get done, but I’m still being a bit loosey goosey with those post run stretches — doing them a bit more often, though. It gets harder and harder as it gets colder and colder.
Grade Earned: A-
There were a few days I just forgot about foam rolling my calves in the morning. I blame it on Menopause brain. I wrote this part before I chose my quote!
Grade Earned: A-
It was hit or miss. Sometimes good, sometimes not great, sometimes not horrible. I am usually good for lunch, but by the time dinner arrives I just want it to arrive, LOL! I know that it’s important, though, so I’ve been trying to make more of an effort. I’ve been semi-successful with it.
Grade Earned: B+ (for trying)
Yoga, ST, lots of walking recently, hiking. Gotta get out in nature before it becomes harder.
Grade Earned: A+
October 2021 gets . . .
. . . an A. I kept us busy with visits to three different state parks this months — one new to me, one new to me because I don’t remember it from childhood trips (back to that quote!), and the other tried and true but a new trail for us. Of course a couple of trips to mom; one multi-day, one just for the day. I’d already been going twice a month this past year, but sleeping there is challenging. I might get a break in Winter, or not. Overall I kept busy, tried to eat mostly healthy, and did some of the things I love.
- Run 3 x week. Y. Most weeks I exceeded this goal. Short runs (sometimes just 1 mile) made it doable.
- ST 3 x week. Y. I did quite well with strength training, too. Except the last week, but that’s okay I was still very active.
- Get back to a different course that’s been on hold for a while. N. I’ll be bringing this one back in November, I hope!
- At least one hike. Y. October was hiking month with many hikes.
- At least one real rest day a week. Y. I definitely don’t think I got as much rest as I needed many weeks. I tried, though. I definitely did my best to make rest a priority.
- Continue to try to eat intuitively — unless the weight starts to creep up. Y. Weight is definitely still higher than it should be — I just need to cook more!
Which leads me to November Goals:
- Run 3 x week. 3 x week is usually doable, although sometimes even that can be hard. Hence the low mileage!
- ST 3 x week. It’s a good goal to work towards, and most of the time it happens. Just not always.
- Get back to a different course that’s been on hold for a while. At least finish up the reading & videos. Small steps.
- At least one hike. I should get in a couple of short hikes this week on the way to visit mom. Go me!
- At least one real rest day a week. I know many people hate the dreaded rest day. Not me. Many of my rest days aren’t so restful, either. I’m shooting for one rest day a week. The Nor’Easter last month enforced that and my body enjoyed a day in pjs.
- Continue to try to eat intuitively — unless the weight starts to creep up. Seem to be maintaining at a higher weight. Some things are out of my control, but others aren’t. I really struggle with energy at this time of year.
This week I am also joining up with the new Runners’ Roundup linkup.