I am sure I won’t be the only blogger going with lyrics from Sara Barellies’s song “Brave” for today’s Wednesday Word. That’s okay — I love Sara!
Fun fact: I saw her at the Austin Rodeo before she became really big. My husband thought she’d be a one hit wonder. Ha! Just like that other girl I talked him into going to see at the VT State Fair, which she was playing with a then little known band called Miami Sound Machine. That would be the still popular Gloria Estefan, of course — maybe you’ve heard of her? Or of the broadway play based on her life?
I wouldn’t really claim to be a brave person. There was the time I ran towards the bees that Simba was chasing, and I have a mild phobia of bees. But generally, no, I’m a quiet person who lives a quiet life and I like it that way.
I guess brave is like anything else though — you might consider a few of these things brave:
- Starting a business I didn’t go to school for when I’m an introvert
- Moving to MD for my first job — I didn’t know anyone there!
- The hot air balloon & glider rides (both Mr. Judy’s ideas, by the way)
- Riding — and enjoying — loop de loop rollercoasters as a kid (wouldn’t do that now)
- Taking up running in my late 40s (you knew I had to go there!)
- Running my first half at 50
- Deciding to run a half in every state
- Continuing to try to run a half in every state despite some pretty tough IT problems at one point
Really, brave is in the eye of the beholder.
Happy Birthday, Wednesday Word!
My blog is not yet one year old, but the Wednesday Word linkup is! I really love this linkup (okay, you got me, I love them all!), but I love Wednesday Word because it challenges me and makes me think. You do not need to be a runner to join in the Wednesday Word fun!
Since Deb challenged us to be brave and see how many Wednesday Words we could work into this post, here goes:
I cherish the contacts I’ve made through blogging; all the support helps me to stay faithful in my blogging. I may not be very adventurous or get up to many shenanigans, but I can be gracious to my fellow bloggers.
And that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Wednesday Word! It’s really a great way to stretch your writing chops while at the same time not have to think up a topic!
Won’t you be brave and join us in the Wednesday Word linkup?