The weather kept going back and forth from hot and humid to unseasonably cool in June. I’m pretty sure hot and humid won out, for the most part. The turtle I found on one long run was most definitely my spirit animal for some runs this month!
I seemed to find my mojo in most of the everyday stuff, and my running mojo never left me. I planted a small garden, we had a little fun this past weekend, there were a couple of short hikes, and maybe I consumed a wee bit too much sugar this month.
Getting in scheduled runs
Things got a bit hectic and messy at the end of the month — in more ways than one — but I got the runs in. I always do unless I’m sick or someone else gets sick!
Grade Earned: A
Recording my runs
I can’t say as I always got right on it, but I know how disappointing it is to look back at last year’s journal and see blank pages, so I’ve definitely made an effort to be more proactive about journaling my runs.
Grade Earned: B +
There have definitely been a few times where I’ve vastly shortened my warmup. And other times that I actually took more time with it. It really all depended on what was going on in my life. I again even did it before my race this month!
Grade Earned: A
I’m keeping up with the foam rolling, too. Like I said last month, when I skip it, I feel it. So I try to make it a priority.
Grade Earned: A
I wish more miles = weight loss for me. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. There have just been so many occasions this month that involved cake . . . some of it self inflicted. Hoping I pull it together by the end of the month/beginning of July so that I continue to be free at Weight Watchers — I don’t have much wiggle room this month.
Grade Earned: B-
- Massage? Not yet.
- Chiropractor Appointment? Check. Pretty much as you read this.
- Do I need a hair appointment? Yes, still, but I like my hair a bit longer in the summer so I can braid it.
- I even made a PT appointment for a few issues that have been bothering me a while — nothing major, and nothing new — too bad it’s not before my upcoming half.
Grade Earned: A-
I haven’t gotten to the pool — the one day I contemplated it Lola had a vet appointment (although I did finally make it there yesterday) — and the stationary bike has been sporadic. Yoga continues to drop off even though I try to make it a priority. I’ve managed to get in a few longer strength training sessions, but it’s hard!
Maybe those longer strength training sessions are the reason I’ve been doing all my run untaped, so far. I’m still on the fence about the 12 miler in a couple of weeks. My knees talked to me a little after my 11 miler, but seemed to quickly work themselves out.
Grade Earned: B
June 2018 gets . . .
. . . a B+. Despite a fair amount of As, an A is for perfect, and June definitely wasn’t perfect. I know, I know — seriously, there is no such thing as a perfect month. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad, either — in fact, I’d say it was a (mostly) good month.
- Prehab; and anything is better than nothing. Y. At least some — at least more than May.
- Strength train 2-3 x week. Y.
- Foam roll — really foam roll. Y.
- Chiropractor visit. Y.
- Run a 5k. Y. Freihofers Run for Women (read about it here).
- Greens daily. Y. That was actually a March goal — still going pretty strong. There’s an occasional day with no greens, but it’s rare.
- Berries daily — they’re so good for you and they’re coming into season now! Y. Again, at least the majority of the time. And I have a bunch growing — can’t wait for them to ripen, although it’s going to be a while.
- Shoot for a couple of classes at Wellnest Studios. N.
- Book a hotel for 18.12 Challenge. N. Sigh — there better be some hotel rooms left! I mean seriously, how many months has this been a goal? I think part of the problem was being sure if I’d go with friends or Mr. Judy — poor Mr. Judy gets to sherpa me.
Which leads me to July Goals:
- Continue to Prehab. As always, something is always better than nothing.
- Strength train 2-3 x week. I know it’s going to be super busy, so I’m going to try for two longer sessions per week — it definitely seems to be helping my knees.
- Foam roll — really foam roll.
- Chiropractor visit.
- Run a 4 mile race. It looks to be even hotter than usual. Take it easy-ish.
- Greens daily.
- Berries daily.
- Shoot for a couple of classes at Wellnest Studios.