- The neighborhood
- My stationary bike
- The trails
Take your pick! Actually I do enjoy the stationary bike warmup, so that’s what the title originally referred to. I’m dropping running back down, although still going to do the long-ish run on the trails — probably not too much longer (snow, etc.) but we’ll see.
- Monday: Yoga (20 min), Dogwalk, PB Cardio Toning (30 min)
- Tuesday: Yoga (20 min), 3 miles easy, Dogwalk, Yoga PM (20 min)
- Wednesday: Yoga (20 min), 1 recovery mile, Dogwalk, Pilates PM (15 min)
- Thursday: PB ST (25 min), 3ish miles walking/hiking @ Greenport Conservation Area, visit mom
- Friday: Yoga (20 min), Dogwalk, Yoga PM (35 min) <== rest day
- Saturday: PB Cardio Toning (25 min), Dogwalk, Yoga PM (60 min)
- Sunday: Yoga (20 min), 6 mile long-er run, Yoga PM (20 min)
Running Mileage: 10 (+10)
PB = Killer B
TM = Treadmill
WU = warmup
CD = cooldown
SB = Stationary Bike
Tuesday intention: take it easy
Still slow. I may have taken a week off of running after my race, but it wasn’t exactly recovery mode.
Wednesday intention: recover
A beautiful day, but chilly. Also sunny with little wind.
Sunday intention: a shorter long run
Chilly and somewhat windy this morning, but a slow six miles felt good. I could actually come home, change, and immediately prep veggies for lunch. During half training, I would have needed to relax more first. There’s something to be said for running less, for me.
Favorites of the week
Going to my mom’s gave me another chance to explore Greenport Conservation Area. I revisited two of the overlooks first and ate my breakfast.
I explored a bit more of the trail system. I got to one new overlook that unfortunately only had an obstructed view of the Hudson — without the leaves on the trees! I set out for another overlook — but I ran out of time. The first two overlooks are an easy trail and no hiking poles needed. The last one was where the trail walk turned into a hike. There are several overlooks I haven’t visited yet and I want to find out what the views are like from them.
Coming up on Friday: I haven’t even begun to work on my half recap — so probably nothing else coming til next week’s WRD.