I know so many of you rely heavily on gyms. It may be the social aspect, it may be the competition, it may be the equipment, it may simply be the variety. Most of us can’t go to the gym right now. I have belonged to gyms on and off, but hadn’t been a member of one for a while. Fitness pros are taking to the Internet in droves! There are so many ways to work out on the cheap at home right now (and many are free!).
Today I’m simply sharing a few resources for working out online:
- My YouTube Channel here (gotta toot my own horn, although I’m sure you’re kinda tired of that by now)
- Pahla B Fitness here. Her workouts are fun, hard, and plentiful!
- AMR Stride Through Social Distancing here, 3/23-4/26 for $10 — get ready for racing again — yes, we will race again! — for only $10.
- ZOOMA Fitter Stronger Faster Challenge here. A 6 week challenge to get you stronger to run faster. It’s totally free if you don’t want swag, and it’s reasonably priced if you do want the swag. Tough decision!
- No Meat Athlete has a free 30 Day Fitness Challenge here. Free 15 minute workouts daily!
- Final Surge Free Virtual 5k. More info here.
- Merrymaker Sisters are offering their membership for free until April 1 (no credit card required) here. Pilates, Yoga, Meditation. They’re Aussies, so the accents are fun, too.
- Lauren Roxbourgh’s Immunity Boosting Movement Medicine here (also no credit card required). Yoga, foam rolling, meditation.
- Skirt Sports Women Who Move FB group here. Live workouts and inspiration to get moving.
- OrangeTheoryFitness daily workouts on YouTube here. Thanks, Kim @ Kookyrunner!
- Danette May offers some free workouts on her blog here. HIIT, Yoga, Fusion.
- Deborah @ Confessionsofamotherrunner’s list of a year’s worth of challenges here(seriously, Deborah, how did you know we’d need this?).
- Debbie @ Debruns cross training and bootcamp workouts here.
What’s in my gym
I thought I’d share what’s in my home gym:
- Stationary Bike
- Free Weights
- Resistance Bands
- Yoga Wheel
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Blocks
- Yoga Strap (Resistance Bands work just fine, too)
- Foam Rollers
You can get great workouts with nothing at all — just your own body! At the minimum I’d suggest some resistance bands and weights. I still love my FitDesk (Amazon Affiliate link here and review here), especially that it doesn’t require any electricity and can be fairly easily moved around. No power? No problem!
What resources can you add?
What’s in your home gym?
Are you still exercising outside? As long as I can, I will!
This week I am also joining up with the new Runners’ Roundup linkup.